Komchadluek, September 22, 2011
– After the survey was conducted with a group of children, the result showed that those children lack discipline as well as cheat in exams and games if given the opportunity.
– The Finance Ministry is seeking cabinet approval to extend the terms of the first-car tax rebate program. The change would involve increasing the maximum engine size for qualifying cars to 1,600cc from 1,500cc as well as plan to include imported cars.
-Prime Minister’s Office Minister gives a clear direction to the governor of Petchaboon to dismiss Pra Kaseam [a monk] from the temple.
– Thriller! Restaurant boat was [taken] out of the marina in China.
Matichon, September 22, 2011
– Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul wants to return ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s ordinary Thai passport.
– Officials from the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department demolished a house built illegally in Thap Lan National Park. In December, 50 more resorts and residences which are illegally built, will be destroyed in the same way.
– At Pheu Thai ministers meeting Thaksin called in and made it clear that every Cabinet member must devote full attention to produce results quickly and concretely.
Thairath, September 22, 2011
– Thaksin called in during Pheu Thai’s meeting by Skype. Thaksin wants to push the government to work. After the flood decreases, they will increase fund for SML policy. Surapong confirmed to return Thaksin’s Thai passport.
– Start to demolish the first 3 places in Thab Lan. They will do it the same way for more 50 resorts.
– 36-year-old salesman was arrested in killing the blond girl and left in the Chao Phraya River. But he still denied it.
– 3 pickups encircle to shoot and rob a rich man who was the owner of sugar cane farm.
Daily News, September 22, 2011
– Thaksin is playing the leader as in screenplay instead of Poo [Yingluck]. He Skyped to order the cabinet to work.
– Pheu Thai denied that the “first house policy” helped SC Asset company to get money of around 3 billion baht. [this refers to the criticism that the tax break on first houses is set up to benefit Thaksin allies in the property business]
– Many people who are affected by the flood would like to commit suicide. The government hurries to send some psychiatrists.
– Daily News got the best news photo award.
– Already demolished resorts in National Park, and will go on [to demolish] more in 50 resorts. Officials from the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department confirmed that they will not compromise.
– Chalerm supports DSI and stops objections to bailing out Red Shirts.