* After charging his batteries for three days in Hong Kong ['charge batteries' in Thai means the same in English--to take a rest], Maew [PM Thaksin] returns to Thailand. Bunyat, from the Democrat party, said it is not good that the P.M. disappeared.
* Belgians grabbed a Thai guy who smuggled two eagles with bird flu into the country. Yukon [the director general of the Livestock Department] and for Jan [Dr. Jarun, director of the center for solving the bird flu] does not believe that the birds came from Thailand. Thailand never exports eagles.
* After receiving the complaint from the representative of people who resist the Thai-Malaysia pipeline that the police prepare to destroy the protest, the National Human Rights Commission visits people in Thumbol Sagom, Jana district, Songkhla on October 24.
Thairath - October 25, 2004
* Bloody news [the graphic/sensational photo on the front page] - Samutsakorn, Wat Krok Krak, Krok Krak Road: Mrs Tanom, a 29-year-old a singer at 'Nong Ploy' restaurant was stabbed 10 times. The police found that the knot [cause] is 'lover case.'
* Bloody news [the graphic/sensational photo on the front page] - Samutprakarn: After drinking whiskey and gambling and quarreling, the head of the gambling house was punched in the face. So he grabbed a 12-inch knife and cut Mr. Wichais neck. Mr. Wichai was a worker at Srichaloen Textile factory and died immediately at his shelter.