From Thairath, May 14, 2016
Title: you little… if you lie when you grown-up… when you die you would go to hell… you know!
Speech balloons on the left, from top to bottom:
will not seize power
will not extend [our time in] power
will not violate [people’s] rights
[These are promises the junta made after seizing power. The cartoonist is contending that the junta lied about these issues and is indeed intent on extending their power while clamping down on people’s rights.]
Speech balloons on the right, from top to bottom:
the constitution is democratic
give full freedom to people
no corruption–but consulting fees
On the people’s shirts from left to right: Stay still. Stand still. Oppose.
Speech balloons over woman on left: ja [a word of an agreement in Thai]
Students in foreground: Yes I know, teacher.
Mouse man: Strongly agree.
Mouse: Law of karma.
[This seeks to point out the hypocrisy of the junta that has reacted swiftly to all attempts to protest its rule.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example