From Thairath, May 14, 2016
Title: you little… if you lie when you grown-up… when you die you would go to hell… you know!
Speech balloons on the left, from top to bottom:
will not seize power
will not extend [our time in] power
will not violate [people’s] rights
[These are promises the junta made after seizing power. The cartoonist is contending that the junta lied about these issues and is indeed intent on extending their power while clamping down on people’s rights.]
Speech balloons on the right, from top to bottom:
the constitution is democratic
give full freedom to people
no corruption–but consulting fees
On the people’s shirts from left to right: Stay still. Stand still. Oppose.
Speech balloons over woman on left: ja [a word of an agreement in Thai]
Students in foreground: Yes I know, teacher.
Mouse man: Strongly agree.
Mouse: Law of karma.
[This seeks to point out the hypocrisy of the junta that has reacted swiftly to all attempts to protest its rule.]
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- The rich man is not full yet
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies