From Manager, February 25, 2013
On the backdrop: Stripteasing against the energy crisis
Host: She took off one piece now… and about to keep taking off piece by piece. Keep your eyes on her best trick from the last piece
Caption: Maybe this is how far her brain can work out.
[Reference is to the announcement by the Government stating that Thai people must be prepared for a possible energy crisis in April, the hottest month of the year since there will be an interruption in natural gas shipments from Myanmar. Apart from suggesting people adjust air-conditioners to 25 degree and stop wearing suits, the government was criticized for not having a concrete strategy to deal with energy consumption on a long-term basis.
This cartoon also is a window into the aspersions cast on prominent women in Thai society. More here: The Burden of Being a Prominent Thai Woman–and Being Called a Slut]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work