From Manager, March 8, 2012
Left: [Yingluck says] You can’t burn the grass in the field or you’ll be put in jail.
Right: You must burn only the country, then you can be a minister. Remember that.
[The joke is that the government has cracked down on rural farmers who annually burn their fields. However, these same people were exhorted to burn Bangkok and provincial city halls as part of the Red Shirt protests in 2010. Leaders of the Red Shirts then were made ministers in the government.]
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- Asylum for a rhino
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Let the politicians go!
- Weekly News Magazines: the Runner Succeeds Where the Junta Fails, November, 2017
- 21 Years Ago: Newin’s canvassers caught red handed in vote buying
- Some just want elections