From Manager, March 8, 2012
Left: [Yingluck says] You can’t burn the grass in the field or you’ll be put in jail.
Right: You must burn only the country, then you can be a minister. Remember that.
[The joke is that the government has cracked down on rural farmers who annually burn their fields. However, these same people were exhorted to burn Bangkok and provincial city halls as part of the Red Shirt protests in 2010. Leaders of the Red Shirts then were made ministers in the government.]
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals