From Manager, March 8, 2012
Left: [Yingluck says] You can’t burn the grass in the field or you’ll be put in jail.
Right: You must burn only the country, then you can be a minister. Remember that.
[The joke is that the government has cracked down on rural farmers who annually burn their fields. However, these same people were exhorted to burn Bangkok and provincial city halls as part of the Red Shirt protests in 2010. Leaders of the Red Shirts then were made ministers in the government.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out