Thai monarchist tried on royal insult charges – AFP, July 11, 2012
…Defence lawyer Suwat Apipak told the court on Tuesday that Sondhi had aimed to highlight Daranee’s comments in the hope that police would take legal action against her.
“He did not repeat all the words said by Da,” Suwat told the court. Sondhi is expected to testify in August…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions