Thai monarchist tried on royal insult charges – AFP, July 11, 2012
…Defence lawyer Suwat Apipak told the court on Tuesday that Sondhi had aimed to highlight Daranee’s comments in the hope that police would take legal action against her.
“He did not repeat all the words said by Da,” Suwat told the court. Sondhi is expected to testify in August…
- The Hopewell Project
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Secret footage reveals brutal conditions of Rohingyas in Thai refugee center
- Thailand’s government acknowledges $4.4B loss from controversial rice price support scheme
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- The perils of ‘doing a Thaksin’