World’s craziest free kick? Thai side Muangthong United’s head-first set piece – Guardian, January 24, 2013
Thai team Muangthong United’s free kick attempt against South Korean Gyeongnam FC borders on the absurd. With the score 0-0, Muangthong United’s Macedonian star Mario Durovski lines up a free kick about 30 yards from goal. He takes a run up as usual, but when he gets within a couple of yards of the ball swan-dives to the turf and nudges it to the side with his head. His team-mate takes a shot, but the ball hits the wall.
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017