World’s craziest free kick? Thai side Muangthong United’s head-first set piece – Guardian, January 24, 2013
Thai team Muangthong United’s free kick attempt against South Korean Gyeongnam FC borders on the absurd. With the score 0-0, Muangthong United’s Macedonian star Mario Durovski lines up a free kick about 30 yards from goal. He takes a run up as usual, but when he gets within a couple of yards of the ball swan-dives to the turf and nudges it to the side with his head. His team-mate takes a shot, but the ball hits the wall.
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand
- 10 Years Ago: Losing the right to criticize a company owned by Thaksin