World’s craziest free kick? Thai side Muangthong United’s head-first set piece – Guardian, January 24, 2013
Thai team Muangthong United’s free kick attempt against South Korean Gyeongnam FC borders on the absurd. With the score 0-0, Muangthong United’s Macedonian star Mario Durovski lines up a free kick about 30 yards from goal. He takes a run up as usual, but when he gets within a couple of yards of the ball swan-dives to the turf and nudges it to the side with his head. His team-mate takes a shot, but the ball hits the wall.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally