World’s craziest free kick? Thai side Muangthong United’s head-first set piece – Guardian, January 24, 2013
Thai team Muangthong United’s free kick attempt against South Korean Gyeongnam FC borders on the absurd. With the score 0-0, Muangthong United’s Macedonian star Mario Durovski lines up a free kick about 30 yards from goal. He takes a run up as usual, but when he gets within a couple of yards of the ball swan-dives to the turf and nudges it to the side with his head. His team-mate takes a shot, but the ball hits the wall.
- 12 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing anger and boldness
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- 13 Years Ago: Debating the Sukhothai Stone
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 12 years ago: Going after Akeyuth
- 13 years ago: Mad scramble as Thai police fight for 10 million dollar reward for capturing top al-Qaeda figure
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Prayuth and his elders
- Which charter do the people really want?
- The Dead and Thaksin