World’s craziest free kick? Thai side Muangthong United’s head-first set piece – Guardian, January 24, 2013
Thai team Muangthong United’s free kick attempt against South Korean Gyeongnam FC borders on the absurd. With the score 0-0, Muangthong United’s Macedonian star Mario Durovski lines up a free kick about 30 yards from goal. He takes a run up as usual, but when he gets within a couple of yards of the ball swan-dives to the turf and nudges it to the side with his head. His team-mate takes a shot, but the ball hits the wall.
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!
- Informing the U.N. on the junta
- It’s not about Dhammakaya, it’s about Article 44
- Using absolute power to fight corruption
- Dhammakaya requires money to get into heaven
- Inspiration for the foot soldiers
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Dhammayoyo consecrated a lot of Buddha amulets