From ThaiRath, November 28, 2011
Left panel: Houses are submerged. Snakes and crocodiles are escaping the water.
Right panel: Parliament is submerged. Tigers, lions, bulls and rhinos are escaping into the water!
[This relies on some Thai idioms. When the censure debate occurs–there would be lots of raucous talk–symbolized by spit flying out of the mouth. This sort of thing floods the parliament, then politicians, who are considered dangerous people who can take advantage of others are personified as wild animals like the tiger, bull, lion, and rhino.
An example of the “wild animals” idiom is here and here.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out