Wikileaks Cables Spotlight US Surveillance of Burmese Junta - The Irrawaddy, December 7, 2010
Burmese dictator Snr-Gen Than Shwe pondered buying Manchester United football team for US $1 billion at the urge of his favorite grandson in January last year, according to the latest US diplomatic cables revealed by whistle-blowing website Wikileaks.
The proposed move reportedly did not come about because the junta chief thought “that sort of expenditure could look bad” in the aftermath of the 2008 Cyclone Nargis in which more than 130,000 people died...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- Not Richard Mille
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter