Wikileaks Cables Spotlight US Surveillance of Burmese Junta - The Irrawaddy, December 7, 2010
Burmese dictator Snr-Gen Than Shwe pondered buying Manchester United football team for US $1 billion at the urge of his favorite grandson in January last year, according to the latest US diplomatic cables revealed by whistle-blowing website Wikileaks.
The proposed move reportedly did not come about because the junta chief thought “that sort of expenditure could look bad” in the aftermath of the 2008 Cyclone Nargis in which more than 130,000 people died...
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking