Wikileaks Cables Spotlight US Surveillance of Burmese Junta - The Irrawaddy, December 7, 2010
Burmese dictator Snr-Gen Than Shwe pondered buying Manchester United football team for US $1 billion at the urge of his favorite grandson in January last year, according to the latest US diplomatic cables revealed by whistle-blowing website Wikileaks.
The proposed move reportedly did not come about because the junta chief thought “that sort of expenditure could look bad” in the aftermath of the 2008 Cyclone Nargis in which more than 130,000 people died...
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Sorry for using excessive force
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in