Why Thailand and Greece spell tragedy for travellers – smh.com.au, March 27, 2013
More than 100 Australians died in Thailand and a further 60 died in Greece last year, making these two countries – for different reasons – among the places where Australians are most likely to meet their end while overseas…
[Some funny things here…]
‘‘The Australian public … seem to expect that the full suite of welfare services will extend to them across the globe no matter where they go or how they behave,’’ the report says, citing a couple who wanted frequent flyer points while being evacuated from Cairo on a government-chartered rescue flight.
…It cites Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s personal phone call to a 14-year old Australian boy in late 2011 after he was arrested in Bali for buying a small quantity of marijuana…
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying