Why doing business in Bali is no holiday – smh.com.au, May 21, 2012
…Her advice to other business owners setting up in Bali is to “be extremely careful and try not to trust anyone, no matter how charming they may be”.
“Also be prepared for setbacks, lots of surprises and remember that if you do manage to get through all the trials and tribulations, being able to call Bali your home is a wonderful thing.
“The most important point to remember is one basic cultural difference. We bules – foreigners – tend to plan for the future while most Balinese live in the here and now.”
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example