Why doing business in Bali is no holiday – smh.com.au, May 21, 2012
…Her advice to other business owners setting up in Bali is to “be extremely careful and try not to trust anyone, no matter how charming they may be”.
“Also be prepared for setbacks, lots of surprises and remember that if you do manage to get through all the trials and tribulations, being able to call Bali your home is a wonderful thing.
“The most important point to remember is one basic cultural difference. We bules – foreigners – tend to plan for the future while most Balinese live in the here and now.”
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Matichon comes to its 42nd year
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness
- Unknown as Pheu Thai’s PM pick
- Yingluck kicked out