Why doing business in Bali is no holiday – smh.com.au, May 21, 2012
…Her advice to other business owners setting up in Bali is to “be extremely careful and try not to trust anyone, no matter how charming they may be”.
“Also be prepared for setbacks, lots of surprises and remember that if you do manage to get through all the trials and tribulations, being able to call Bali your home is a wonderful thing.
“The most important point to remember is one basic cultural difference. We bules – foreigners – tend to plan for the future while most Balinese live in the here and now.”
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist