From Manager, March 22, 2013
Yaowapa Wongsawat thinks: Why does Somchai really want Dang [me] to return to politics?
Former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat is dreaming about buying a woman a refrigerator and taking her to a hotel.
[Refers to the rumor that Yaowapa, whose nickname is Dang, will take the PM position if Yingluck is disqualified due to the a loan transaction probe by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).
Her husband, former PM Somchai, was involved in a scandal over shopping with a woman and buying her a refrigerator and taking her to the hotel. As this sort of behavior is de rigueur among Thai men, the point here is not really about the scandal of the situation, but instead simply a joke about why Somchai wants his wife back in politics–so he can have time to philander.]
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?