Insight: The President’s politically incorrect gesture – thejakartapost.com, July 21, 2012
…My question is, why did President Yudhoyono not convey his objection at being seated next to a graft convict, who happens to be a former prime minister of Thailand? And, why were the organizers of the event so insensitive to the fact that Thaksin’s presence near Yudhoyono could cast serious doubts over the Indonesian President’s commitment to the fight against corruption?…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting