[The siblings are Thaksin and Yingluck Shinawatra who came up with the plan to reward supporters of their party by paying greatly inflated prices for rice. Besides depleting government funds to ensure the stability of a political party, the plan lost Thailand its position as world’s top rice exporter and caused hardship to farmers who were goaded into taking out huge loans to plant rice to take advantage of government payouts. The death sentence in the cartoon refers to calls to put to death the man who raped and murdered a young rail passenger.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example