From Manager, October 27, 2014
Left, former PM Chavalit Yongchaiyudh: I caused a 70 billion-baht debt to the country during the Tom Yum Kung crisis. [refers to Chavalit’s spectacular mismanagement of the economy that triggered the Asian financial crisis of the late 1990s]
Caption: He’s good.
Middle, former PM Yingluck: It couldn’t beat my rice-pledging scheme. The scheme caused an 80 billion-baht debt.
Caption: She’s better.
Right, a regular citizen: I don’t want to brag that I have to pay all debts caused by you guys.
Caption: He’s the best.
[The cartoon illustrates that citizens (or is the Prayuth?) have to pay for or solve the country’s economic problems caused by the previous governments, particularly from former PM Chavalit Yongchaiyudh and Yingluck.]
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election posters: Transparent democracy
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck