From Thairath, January 31, 2015
Title: Which is the fake democracy?
Paper held by U.S. envoy Russel at left: Call for the democracy for Thai people
[Chukiart Rattanachaichan, the NLA spokesman, wears a Superman costume. The hand clapper and whistle are a symbol of anti-Thaksin groups.]
On the coat: Democracy
On the logo on his chest: NLA
On the shirt: Appointed
Phi Nooring: He thinks he’s a superman.
A mouse: This is his happiness.
[The National Legislative Assembly (NLA) invited representatives from the U.S. Embassy in Thailand to a discussion after Assistant Secretary of State, Daniel Russel made a comment on the Thailand’s political situation. The U.S. representative, however, declined the invitation.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting