[This references a Dhammakaya story about the power of their movement. The story that a nun named Chan, who was the teacher of Dhammakaya abbot Dhammachayo had the power to stop an atomic bomb which the allies tried to drop on Thailand during WWII.
These claims were once touted by the sect in English years ago, but these seem to have been removed as the sect tried to position itself as the mainstream voice of Thai Buddhism. Indeed, many foreigners today see Dhammakaya as a laudable Buddhist movement and know nothing of the cult of personality, weird beliefs, use of Nazi imagery, and involvement in Thai politics that the sect is known for in Thailand.
The cartoon implies that even though Dhammakaya claimed that they had the power to stop an atomic bomb from destroying Thailand, they still can halt the power of the junta’s Article 44 which allowed the officers to search for Dhammachayo in the sect’s headquarters.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- More on police buying their promtions
- Abhisit for leader!