What It’s Like In Thailand’s Deadliest Prison – huffingtonpost.com, May 21, 2012
…A U.S. State Department study found that every year spent in a Thai prison is equivalent (in damage done to body and mind) to five years in a standard U.S. prison.
…Decent food is denied, medical care is made unavailable; as are the thousands of other ways that people have found to hurt each other. Torturing the body and mind to the limits of endurance is a perverse art form that’s often refined to its highest degree by authorities in prison.
But Thai prison is far less violent than the U.S. prison system, as Western societies are far more obsessed with domination and control; which thus makes our prisons more coercive and subject to destructive outbursts…
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Beating Opponents
- The Bangkok bombs
- Napoleon pig… is in every era
- Fighting for seats
- Spreading the Photo
- Principles distinguish a human from a cockroach
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?