Former Thai PM Abhisit “to face murder charge” – channelnewsasia.com, December 6, 2012
…Abhisit and Suthep will be summoned by letter to hear the charges and to be questioned on December 12, Tarit said, adding that authorities would not seek court permission to detain the men, who are both now opposition lawmakers.
About 90 people were killed and nearly 1,900 were wounded in a series of street clashes between demonstrators and security forces, which culminated in a bloody military crackdown. Two foreign journalists were among those killed.
Until now no government or military officials had faced charges over the deaths…
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- China supports the junta?
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people
- Pheu Thai’s heart
- Weekly News Magazines: Election Delay, January, 2019
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- Politicians can’t wait to help people
- Thaksin can no longer sue