Former Thai PM Abhisit “to face murder charge” – channelnewsasia.com, December 6, 2012
…Abhisit and Suthep will be summoned by letter to hear the charges and to be questioned on December 12, Tarit said, adding that authorities would not seek court permission to detain the men, who are both now opposition lawmakers.
About 90 people were killed and nearly 1,900 were wounded in a series of street clashes between demonstrators and security forces, which culminated in a bloody military crackdown. Two foreign journalists were among those killed.
Until now no government or military officials had faced charges over the deaths…
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Sorry for using excessive force
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in