Former Thai PM Abhisit “to face murder charge” – channelnewsasia.com, December 6, 2012
…Abhisit and Suthep will be summoned by letter to hear the charges and to be questioned on December 12, Tarit said, adding that authorities would not seek court permission to detain the men, who are both now opposition lawmakers.
About 90 people were killed and nearly 1,900 were wounded in a series of street clashes between demonstrators and security forces, which culminated in a bloody military crackdown. Two foreign journalists were among those killed.
Until now no government or military officials had faced charges over the deaths…
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- There was a bribe too
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?