From Thairath, May 22, 2012
On Yongyuth’s box: TRCT [Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Thailand – in the box are bags of money the government is giving to victims of political violence provided they agree not to pursue any further cases against the government or military]
On the card the lady holds: Compensation for victims of dissolving the protest [referring to the protest that ended in May 2010]
On the prison: UDD and political prisoners
Right mouse: Release the political victims
The cartoon reads: People wait to be compensated for their freedom.
[This refers to the Red Shirt desire for those with serious charges hanging over their heads not be forgotten as the government rushes to reconciliation.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash