From Manager, November 23, 2011
The cartoon caption reads: We should thank Thaksin. Now we’ve completely forgotten about the flood.
Man holding the newspaper says: This is something aimed clearly at trampling the law!!! [The newspaper’s headline is something about the decree for giving Thaksin amnesty.]
Woman with a baby says: They intend to pressure the king!!!
Man in the left house says: I disagree. I’ll go out and protest.
Man on the wall says: It’s worse than I could have imagined!!!
Submerged man says: Bastard!!!
Man in the far back house says: You are very evil!!!
Man in the right house says: I disagree and will fight whatever happens!!!
Man in the boat says: Ai Maew … you are wicked!!!
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally