From Manager, November 29, 2019
Left, enemy: In one year, our troops will occupy your country!!
Right, army: It’s good that they inform us in advance… so I have time for army conscription.
Caption: If the enemy is good like this… it should be ok.
[Refers to a campaign launched by anti-military groups led by Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn. The Future Forward Party has been using every tact they can to harry the military-dominated government, such as bringing up the military’s budget, trying to review and presumably overturn actions taken by the previous coup government, etc.
Here the cartoon refers to their latest move–a call to end army conscription. The cartoonist contends this is not practical–probably because of the intense power competition among the major powers in the region and border disputes.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out