We don’t mind if we lose ‘fair elections’: Abhisit – CNBC, January 16, 2014
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
… Abhisit wanted to be clear his party’s decision to boycott the election, set for February 2 in an unsuccessful effort by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to defuse the street protests, was not due to widely held expectations she and her party will be swept back into power.
“Even their private polling showed they were slipping. In fact, one poll that was released before dissolution (of parliament) had us ahead. But that’s not the point,” he said. “The problem occurred because the government betrayed the trust of the people,” he said, citing the amnesty bill…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash