From Not the Nation: Washington Square Demolition Leaves Bangkok’s Elderly Sexpats Lost, Confused
[It’s funny because it’s true…]
…When directed towards The Dubliner, a nearby Irish-themed pub, Summerville waved his hand in protest. “Can’t go in there,” he said. “There’s young people in there. And Thai women who have their own money. Can’t go in there, no way.”
…Even the physical structure of the square was a factor, according to Nootaree. “Washington Square was literally walled off by darkness,” she noted. “It was similar to a cave ecosystem, where the indigenous species evolve in isolation, adapt to their bare resources, and eventually become a new species altogether…”
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig
- It’s everywhere
- Prayuth and his elders