Thailand’s Wages of Populism – WSJ, September 30, 2012
…Thailand is not alone in the middle-income country problem of rural-urban income divides. Regrettably, these countries have nothing to learn from advanced countries—least of all those in Asia like Japan and Korea—which routinely subsidize farm production. Ms. Yingluck is misguided, but her mistake should focus attention on a very real dilemma, one that is particularly pressing for those facing still large rural electorates.
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work