From Arun, May 22, 2015
On the right corner: Digital TV
On the light blue: NBTC will collect the money for the 2nd installment of the license fee
Above the train: Fare for the second installment! Fare for second installment! [This is the ticket taker collecting the fare from the passengers.]
On sign at right: Digital TV
[Refers to the digital TV market. Many media companies that rushed to join the digital TV business are now facing huge losses. Thai TV Company is an example of a company that failed to pay the second installment of the license fee to the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC).
In this keenly observed cartoon, the advent of digital TV in Thailand is compared to the old Bangkok trams, many of which sit languishing in vacant lots. Note the dog and its babies resting under the front of the tram.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out