From Manager, March 20, 2014
Left, caption: Waiting for the mango today…
[Referring to a theory of Dr. Theerayuth Boonmee on the current political situation. Dr. said that situation of the anti-government protesters, led by Suthep, is like waiting for a mango (or the caretaker government led by Yingluck Shinawatra) to be ripe and fall from its tree. This is because the Yingluck government is under threat from a long list of corruption scandals.]
Suthep Thuagsuban: When will it fall!?
Right, caption: …tomorrow may have to wait for Ma Ug! [Ma Ug, or Bolo Maka, is a kind of Thai fruit. The human head on the tree is Surapong Towichakchaikul, the caretaker foreign minister. He is nicknamed Ma Ug for his bald head. And the demonstrators may have to wait for him to fall next because he recently said that he’s ready to replace Yingluck as premier.]
Suthep: When will it fall!?
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying