Vorayuth Yoovidhya, Red Bull Heir, Hit-And-Run Case Reveals Thailand Injustice – AP, September 4, 2012
People in Thailand often joke that prisons are reserved for the poor, because the rich and privileged tend to get away with murder…
Orachorn Devahastin Na Ayudhya was 16 and driving without a license when she crashed her sedan into a van on a Bangkok highway. A court initially sentenced her to a 3-year prison term but reduced the sentence last week, saying she had provided “helpful” testimony.
One of Thailand’s most infamous untouchables recently resurfaced in headlines. Duang Yubumrung, the son of Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung, was linked to the 2001 shooting of a policeman in a nightclub brawl. He was acquitted of murder in 2004 on grounds of insufficient evidence.
Duang has since joined the Bangkok police force and in July was assigned as a sharpshooter. News reports quoted his father as saying he was proud of his son’s skill because “His shooting accuracy is 100 percent!”…
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist