Vietnam quashes rare Hmong uprising lasting days – AP, May 5, 2011
…Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Nguyen Phuong Nga said the Hmong from Muong Nhe district began gathering since May 1 after hearing a rumor that a supernatural force would appear to bring the people to the promised land where they would find health, happiness and wealth…
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Buffalo Ticks
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Durian McFlurry at McDonald’s Singapore
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- Red shirts attack, injure white-mask protesters in Chiang Mai
- Do police in charge of Akeyuth investigation really owe allegiance to Thaksin?
- Lost city found in the Cambodian jungle