Vietnam PM orders fresh crackdown on bloggers – AP, September 13, 2012
…The Communist Party fears that public criticism or even honest discussion about its failings could lead to social instability and – ultimately – loss of power. It labels democracy and free speech activists as “terrorists.”
…Danlambao, or “the People’s Journalism Blog,” said it would keep publishing.
“Danlambao and its companions are prepared to be repressed and imprisoned rather than leading the life of a dumb dog that dares not to bark, subservient to those who abuse their power,” it said in a blog posting.
Quanlambao, or “Official Journalism,” also responded, saying Dung’s move was aimed at creating the legal basis to make arrests in accordance with a “planned scenario…”
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Eight Years Ago: Thaksin’s World – Coming full circle from Black May
- Nine Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- Politics in the Age of Thaksin
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- William L Monson vs Thaksin