Vietnam PM orders fresh crackdown on bloggers – AP, September 13, 2012
…The Communist Party fears that public criticism or even honest discussion about its failings could lead to social instability and – ultimately – loss of power. It labels democracy and free speech activists as “terrorists.”
…Danlambao, or “the People’s Journalism Blog,” said it would keep publishing.
“Danlambao and its companions are prepared to be repressed and imprisoned rather than leading the life of a dumb dog that dares not to bark, subservient to those who abuse their power,” it said in a blog posting.
Quanlambao, or “Official Journalism,” also responded, saying Dung’s move was aimed at creating the legal basis to make arrests in accordance with a “planned scenario…”
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- Thai Govt should cease pressuring the Central Bank – Rate cuts "futile and misguided"
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Yingluck Billboard
- UK scientist who accused Thai govt official of plagiarism has reported receiving death & kidnap threats
- Directions to Bangkok's 24-hour casinos
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- China dashes Thai hopes of cutting huge rice stockpile
- Myanmar’s Lawless Land