Vietnam PM orders fresh crackdown on bloggers – AP, September 13, 2012
…The Communist Party fears that public criticism or even honest discussion about its failings could lead to social instability and – ultimately – loss of power. It labels democracy and free speech activists as “terrorists.”
…Danlambao, or “the People’s Journalism Blog,” said it would keep publishing.
“Danlambao and its companions are prepared to be repressed and imprisoned rather than leading the life of a dumb dog that dares not to bark, subservient to those who abuse their power,” it said in a blog posting.
Quanlambao, or “Official Journalism,” also responded, saying Dung’s move was aimed at creating the legal basis to make arrests in accordance with a “planned scenario…”
- 11 years ago: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai Neelapaijit
- Six Years Ago: The Forgotten Siege of Bangkok
- Thai hairstyles of the past
- Nine Years Ago: The Gutting of iTV
- Chakri Memorial Day
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Pledges to Use Absolute Power Wisely
- 62 Years Ago: Bangkok in 1953
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin to give top priority to opening casinos
- 7 Years Ago: Threats to Resume Thaksin’s War on Drugs
- 13 Years Ago: Nation employees fear closure
- 10 Years Ago: The Luang Sathorn Mansion/Russian Embassy