Vietnam PM orders fresh crackdown on bloggers – AP, September 13, 2012
…The Communist Party fears that public criticism or even honest discussion about its failings could lead to social instability and – ultimately – loss of power. It labels democracy and free speech activists as “terrorists.”
…Danlambao, or “the People’s Journalism Blog,” said it would keep publishing.
“Danlambao and its companions are prepared to be repressed and imprisoned rather than leading the life of a dumb dog that dares not to bark, subservient to those who abuse their power,” it said in a blog posting.
Quanlambao, or “Official Journalism,” also responded, saying Dung’s move was aimed at creating the legal basis to make arrests in accordance with a “planned scenario…”
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand
- 10 Years Ago: Losing the right to criticize a company owned by Thaksin