Vietnam PM orders fresh crackdown on bloggers – AP, September 13, 2012
…The Communist Party fears that public criticism or even honest discussion about its failings could lead to social instability and – ultimately – loss of power. It labels democracy and free speech activists as “terrorists.”
…Danlambao, or “the People’s Journalism Blog,” said it would keep publishing.
“Danlambao and its companions are prepared to be repressed and imprisoned rather than leading the life of a dumb dog that dares not to bark, subservient to those who abuse their power,” it said in a blog posting.
Quanlambao, or “Official Journalism,” also responded, saying Dung’s move was aimed at creating the legal basis to make arrests in accordance with a “planned scenario…”
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Hi-so hypocrites as shameless as immoral low-so entertainers เสแสร้งเป็นไฮโซก็น่าอับอาย เท่ากับผู้ให้ความบันเทิงที่เป็นโลโซ
- From the 2B forum: Election Articles
- Drone camera footage of the protests in progress
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- Directions to Bangkok's 24-hour casinos
- Students attack bus with Red Shirts inside
- Thailand’s 84-year-old King Bhumibol treated with intravenous antibiotics for abdominal pain ในหลวงถูกรักษาโรคปวดพระอุทรโดยการให้พระโอสถปฏิชีวนะทางสายโลหิตดำ
- Going into a joint venture in Thailand: Megalomania, Gangsterism, and “Sue me, this is my country”