US troubled by court rulings in Thailand inconsistent with freedom of expression – washingtonpost.com, December 6, 2011
…Thailand is a U.S. treaty ally, and State Department spokeswoman for East Asia, Darragh Paradiso, said the United States has utmost respect for the Thai monarchy. But she said the U.S. is “troubled by recent prosecutions and court decisions that are not consistent with international standards of freedom of expression…”
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting