Thailand’s Weekend Farmers Plant Seed of Independence – WSJ, October 16, 2012
…“I’m bored to death living in such a competitive environment in Bangkok. We use money for everything there, including buying food,” complains Mr. Wiroj, 32. “And rice there is poor quality. My dogs in Singburi eat better rice.”
…Chonlathep Pandam, an administrative officer in a hospital in Pitsanulok city, took their advice. He drove north to his family home in Sukhothai and told his father that he wanted to grow rice. “He shouted at me, saying ‘Are you crazy?’” Mr. Chonlathep recalls, figuring his son was giving up a paying job to join the ranks of Thailand’s chronically debt-ridden farmers…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash