Unveiling the world of Arabs in Thailand – Bangkok Post, May 15, 2011
It’s not often that American writers take to Arab/Islamic culture and write sympathetically about it. But a new book, Siamese Arabesques: Tales Of The Islamic World With Thai Twists, strives to do exactly that, painting a fascinating mosaic of the cultures and cuisines, trials and tribulations of people from all over the Arab/Islamic world who now call Thailand home…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey