From Thairath, May 20, 2014
Cartoon title: Police officers of Sarkhan Country
Left: [Prepared] To arrest a 70-year-old Indian who reveres the monarchy!
[The Indian is Sathit Segal who was from targeted for deportation by the Department of Special Investigation for participating in anti-Thaksin demonstrations. Sarkhan probably refers to the name given to Thailand in the book The Ugly American. This shows how heavily armed and highly trained men from the DSI are ready to do the will of Thaksin to protect the present government.]
Right: [Prepared] To arrest Thai men armed with heavy weapons charged with contempt against the monarchy!
[This represents rural police officers, who are portrayed as ignorant hillbillies who are unenthusiastic about arresting those who attack the monarchy–in this case the Red Shirts who openly displayed their weapons and threatened violence during the 2009 and 2010 sieges of Bangkok.]
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way