From Thairath, November 6, 2011
Cartoon reads: Positive Thinking
Top left: The dining atmosphere is not much different than in the Maldives!
Top middle: It’s not necessary to worry that dogs will tinkle on alloy wheels!
Top right: There’s opportunity to eat along the water flow! [This is a Thai idiom that means: “Corruption opportunities predominate.” It refers to officials’ acceptance of presents despite not having asked for them.]
Bottom left: It’s not necessary to go to the zoo since the zoo will come to us!
Bottom middle: Thais’ goodwill response has been so overwhelming that Froc can’t distribute donated goods! Sign on the submerged pile: Donated goods [referring to the piles of relief supplies abandoned at Don Muang]
Bottom right: We are fortunate to have genius politicians rescue the country after the flood! The man is thinking: New Thailand — 800 billion baht! [this refers to the massive spending the government has promised to recover from the flooding]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out