Conviction of editor in Thailand setback for human rights – UN rights chief –
… Ms. Pillay welcomed and expressed her support for efforts made by some members of Parliament and academics that have proposed amendments to article 112 to address concerns related to the application of the law.
The High Commissioner also expressed her concern over the length of Mr. Pruksakasemsuk’s pre-trial detention, after his bail requests were denied 12 times by the courts.
“I am disturbed that Somyot has been denied bail and presented in court on several occasions wearing shackles – as if he were some kind of dangerous criminal,” Ms. Pillay. “People exercising freedom of expression should not be punished in the first place…”
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Yingluck Billboard
- Seven Years Ago Today: Thaksin Allies Try to Takeover Matichon & the Bangkok Post
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- 1976: A Nightmare of Lynching and Burning 1976 ฝันร้ายของการลงประชาทัณฑ์ และ เผาทั้งเป็น
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Malay Can Become ASEAN'S Lingua Franca ภาษามาเลสามารถกลายเป็นภาษากลางของอาเซียนได้
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Thailand's boom is sustainable, unlike the one in 1997
- Thai Premier Republic Day chief guest นายกรัฐมนตรีไทยเป็นผู้นำแขกรับเชิญในวันแห่งสาธารณรัฐ
- Couples' Parliament