From Manager, January 28, 2015
Kristie Kenney: I spent many years in Thailand before they called me that, but you were only here for three days…
On sign behind Kenney: Meddler.
On sign held by U.S. envoy Daniel Russel: Meddler.
Caption: When Daniel returns to Washington DC and meets with Kristie.
[Former U.S. Ambassador to Thailand, Kenney frequently made comments on Thailand’s political situation and was criticized for intervening in Thailand’s political situation. Daniel Russel was attacked for this as well after only a brief visit to Thailand.
The prefix used before the word “meddler” in each case is a rude title for a man or a woman and that is why the writing on the signs is different.]
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party