Tycoon Plans Salvage Attempt of Sunken Dhammazedi Bell – The Irrawaddy, October 22, 2013
…Chit San Win, who wrote several books about the history of the bell, was the first to organize a salvage attempt in 1987 and has made several attempts since, including an effort carried out in 1996 with the support of then-Military Intelligence chief Khin Nyunt.
He told The Irrawaddy that unless Khin Shwe’s project involves state-of-the-art salvaging technology operated by overseas experts it was doomed to fail, adding that the bell had never been located.
“I don’t believe the bell can be recovered without the use of the latest technology, because according to my experience, using local technology won’t work,” Chit San Win said, adding that he supported Khin Shwe’s project…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military