May 26, 2015: Junta puts police reform on ‘too hard’ list
…Of course, the police have always been the “good boys” – good at following orders without question, like the men in green.
Hence, police reform is no longer a priority issue, or even an issue of interest, for the government and the NCPO. Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said tersely last week that police reform would be left to the next government. No explanation was given why the back-pedalling now…
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings