Two-hour queues: Bangkok’s ‘futuristic’ airport not coping with tourists – theage.com.au, March 20, 2012
[Thanks to Igor for pointing this out.]
…The immigration bureau has in the past blamed long queues on a staffing shortage. An official at Suvarnabhumi’s immigration division, however, said it had more to do with lack of space.
“There’s construction going on which is limiting the space we have available for security checks,” he said, declining to be identified.
But travellers grumble at the frequent site of empty immigration kiosks and lines for foreigner nationals stretching far longer than those of Thais. Others say kiosks designed to hold two officers are often manned by one…
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Red Protests – May 21, 2010
- Ten Years Ago: The gangs that control motorcycle taxis
- Thai General Elections – December 23, 2007
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- The Hopewell Project
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd