Turkey in crisis after military top brass quit – Bangkok Post, July 30, 2011
[We include this article as a good example of how different conditions and actions can be from country to country. Can you imagine top Thai military brass resigning to protest something the government did?]
Turkey was thrown into a crisis Saturday after its top military brass resigned in the latest episode of a fight between the Islamist-rooted government and the staunchly secularist army.
The military police chief of the country was named acting chief-of-staff and the commander of land forces late Friday, in a quick move to contain the crisis…
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election posters: Transparent democracy
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear