From Manager, September 25, 2012
Officer: Ma’am, why did you bring so many chickens with you?
Man: To let them out at the UN.
Caption: At the JFK Airport, New York
[The woman is Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra. Man pushing the trolley is Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Minster of Foreign Affairs. In Thai, when you say someone lets go of a chicken, it means the person said or did something embarrassing.]
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees