From Manager, September 25, 2012
Officer: Ma’am, why did you bring so many chickens with you?
Man: To let them out at the UN.
Caption: At the JFK Airport, New York
[The woman is Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra. Man pushing the trolley is Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Minster of Foreign Affairs. In Thai, when you say someone lets go of a chicken, it means the person said or did something embarrassing.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished