Cat points out: …have you been keeping up with the bare breasted Songkran dancers? Kaewmala has the best article: “Only taboo when it’s inconvenient!” – Interview with Thai author Kaewmala on the outrage at topless Songkran dancers
Here’s a quick overview: Bare breasted brouhaha in Bangkok
…In a humorous side twist it was pointed out that the Ministry of Culture had an image of three bare breasted maidens on their website. News quickly reached the aforesaid Ministry and the image was speedily removed (on a Sunday!) and replaced. Richard Barrow managed to post ‘before and after’ pictures…
Here are the original illustrations of topless women from the Ministry of Culture website and the image that replaced it.
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking