Cat points out: …have you been keeping up with the bare breasted Songkran dancers? Kaewmala has the best article: “Only taboo when it’s inconvenient!” – Interview with Thai author Kaewmala on the outrage at topless Songkran dancers
Here’s a quick overview: Bare breasted brouhaha in Bangkok
…In a humorous side twist it was pointed out that the Ministry of Culture had an image of three bare breasted maidens on their website. News quickly reached the aforesaid Ministry and the image was speedily removed (on a Sunday!) and replaced. Richard Barrow managed to post ‘before and after’ pictures…
Here are the original illustrations of topless women from the Ministry of Culture website and the image that replaced it.
- The Hopewell Project
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Secret footage reveals brutal conditions of Rohingyas in Thai refugee center
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand’s government acknowledges $4.4B loss from controversial rice price support scheme
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- If you want it back… then take it