[Refers to the many committees and bodies established under the junta. It contrasts this with the junta’s pledge to move the country forward. The junta has been criticized for appointing their own cronies in order to control the groups. This leads to the belief that the many committees will degenerate into bureaucratic rubber stamps and will hinder, not help, the advancement of the country.
The NRSA is the National Reform Steering Assembly. The NCPO is the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO). The CDC is the Constitution Drafting Committee. The NLA is the National Legislative Assembly. The CRRN is the Committees for Reform, Reconciliation, and National Strategy. The CPHMR is the Committee on Public Health Mobilization and Reform.]
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings