[Refers to a conflict between Red Shirt leader Jatuporn (whose nickname is “Tu” or “Toad”) and Chalerm (whose nickname is “Lerm” or “Duck”). Chalerm praised PM Prayuth saying he is smart and has the ability to govern the country.
In what is seen as post-coup jockeying for power, Chalerm’s comments caused Red Shirt Jatuporn to be upset and disappointed at Chalerm’s comments as the Red Shirts want to take a harder line against Gen. Prayuth.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?