To be a Burmese slave in Thailand – atimes.com, August 12, 2011
Rolling up his right shirt sleeve to show a scarred forearm, Than Zaw Oo recalls the beatings he endured onboard the Thai fishing boat where he says he was held as indentured labor – in other words, a slave – for almost three years…
[Thanks to Marc for pointing this out.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions