THAILAND: Threats to academic reflect continuous decline in enjoyment of fundamental rights, emboldened military – AHRC, April 29, 2011
…Among the threats, the most alarming is that from the current commander of the army, General Chan-ocha, who directly criticized and derided Somsak in an interview on April 7, describing him as “a mentally ill academic” who “is intent on overthrowing the institution” of the monarchy…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions