Threatened Vietnam Cave Bugs Draw Little Sympathy – AP, September 13, 2012
…“It’s rather like a company going in to mine the Galapagos just before Charles Darwin arrives,” said one of the scientists, Tony Whitten, a former biodiversity specialist at the World Bank who is now regional director for Asia-Pacific at the UK-based conservation group Fauna & Flora International. “How many species is a company prepared to eliminate from a planet we are supposed to be managing and sustaining?”…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Who is the catfish?
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig