From Thairath, November 16, 2013
Title: This family is so great… Wish they stay in Thailand forever… [this is a sarcastic taunt at Suthep for calling on the Shinawatra family to leave Thailand]
Suthep blowing a whistle: Call for an assistance from those who have special power [meaning to ask for help from aristocrats]. Call for a rally to overthrow the government.
On his shirt: 100 dead bodies [refers to the deaths during the 2010 Red Shirt rallies]
Papers around the skulls: Oil palm, building the police stations, and fraud of ALRO-4-01 [these are all scandals Suthep has been connected with]
On the boy’s shirt: Daddy’s boy
On the ball: Land fraud in Kao Pang
On fighting man: Thani Thaugsuban
On man throwing a chair: Chain Thaugsuban [these are both MPs who attempted to disrupt parliament while it was passing controversial bills]
Phi Nooring: To inherit…
A mouse: Causing a conflict
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?