‘There is no way out of here, I love you’, last call of Brit trapped in Thailand disco blaze that killed four – standard.co.uk, August 20, 2012
…”His credit card stopped at 3am and his phone has not been used since. He was always in contact, we are a very close family. Obviously it was his time.
“He called his best friend from inside the club and said ‘I am in the fire’. He said calmly ‘there is no way out of here, I love you’ and that was it.
“The night before he called home and said ‘I don’t think I am going to make it out of this country. I don’t know why, I want you to tell my family that I love them. It was like he knew…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?